How BOOST works
Do you have a solution that tackles development issues impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic?
BOOST aims to fast-track innovative solutions promoting low-touch economies, digitalization and welling that will help us to recover, repair and renew for a more sustainable future.
What do I get
Join a supportive community of changemakers, funders, and experts to help advance your innovative work through our 6 month program;
Receive mentorship and strategic advice from UNDP, donors and partners;
Access our global UNDP network present in over 170 countries;
Receive access to over $400,000 in prize funding for our 2020 challenges.
BOOST brings together a diverse set of partners aiming to support innovators in addressing the medium-term impact of the crisis. It does so by balancing local needs with leveraging capabilities across the region.
How the BOOST acceleration program works:
Who can apply?
Applicants can be private sector entities, including social enterprises, SMEs or startups, research institutes and academia, or civil society organizations, including youth organizations.
Each challenge clearly outlines which type of applicants are eligible and from what countries. For example, for the Polish Challenge Fund, we will only accept applications from private sector entities (commercial companies), universities and research institutes registered in Poland, who will implement projects in Ukraine and the Republic of Belarus.
- Scalability: Solutions that are scalable across countries.
- Viability: Where necessary, the applicant is required to engage partners to ensure
- Management:The applicant must demonstrate it has an adequate team in place and will have the capacity to implement the solution in 3–6 months
- Potential for impact:The applicant must demonstrate it has an adequate team in place and will have the capacity to implement the solution in 3–6 months
- Innovation:Solutions that use cutting-edge technologies, social and digital innovation tools and that transform current business models with digitalization
- Effectiveness:Solutions that demonstrate how they will tackle one of the issues areas impacted by Covid-19.
An international jury consisting of partners, renowned professionals and UNDP experts will select the winning ideas in October.