The project will provide remote medical help during the pandemic in Turkmenistan. The aim is to provide support to doctors to implement treatment plans with what is available. In addition, the platform will provide verified information to Turkmenistan citizens about the Covid-19 pandemic and the measures taken to contain the virus.
Prague, Czech Republic
Rights and Freedoms of Turkmen Citizens aims to address the following challenges:
– the severe lack of a medical response to the Covid-19 pandemic in Turkmenistan;
– the complete disorientation of citizens in Turkmenistan amidst the pandemic that is neglected by government officials;
– the need for doctors to develop treatment strategies with up-to-date international treatment protocols.
Due to the fact that the country is closed to independent observers and human rights organizations, sources within the country are extremely important. Our team is in contact with both the professional medical community and patients in Turkmenistan. Our solution is to:
– provide direct medical attention to anyone with Covid-19 symptoms using messaging platforms available in Turkmenistan.
– deliver verified information to Turkmenistan citizens about the Covid-19 pandemic, the measures available to contain and stop the virus.
So far, about 3200 citizens in Turkmenistan were treated with the help of our program. Based on information provided to us by doctors and citizens, we have recorded 0 deaths. Dozens of doctors have contacted our organization and our team of doctors located outside Turkmenistan and have received the necessary treatment protocols and consultations, depending on the conditions of the patients.
While persistently denying the spread of the coronavirus in the country, the government also denied the need to vaccinate citizens against infection. After yet another report by our team, the Deputy Minister of Health of Turkmenistan announced the purchase of vaccines and the launching of a vaccination campaign for citizens of Turkmenistan soon.